Gallery

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friendship Blog Hop

Yesterday I did the Friendship Blog Hop. It was hosted by Alex at youhadmeatcraft.com Check out this site if you want to see a lot of gorgeous friendship projects.  At the end of the blog hop, hoppers go back to the first site and post a card with a link to thier site.  Then you look at the other cards to meet new blog friends.  Well here is my card.  I made it to give to a new friend who invited us to an event last night.  It is hard to see the paper.  On the green lines it says "joy smiles happy friendship.  I got this pad at Walmart.  It is a candy bar holder.  I made it longer that I usually do so I could fit in three rows of sentiment
MATERIALS
Cardstock:Colorbok Paper.stickers.punch-outs-bright
Ribbon-$1.00 bin Richards
Papers for scooter girl-DCWV Mat Stacks-self adhesive,glitter and latte
Markers-sharpies and Martha Stewart glitter pens
Provocraft cricut with sweetheart cartridge, cuttle bug with "Just my Type"folder
ATG adhesive
stamp:DeNami Designs  Vivid black ink pad
Hershey Bar

DIRECTIONS
Make folder for candy bar using a piece of paper that is 7.34 long and 7" wide score at 2.5 and 5.5".  Fold so seam is in back, adhere with tape (I played around with the scoring and folding so I could get the sentiment in the right place..  Punch hole in center top of folder-going thru both sides
Cut scooter girl at  inches.  I used my gypsy on the accessories and hid everything but the pieces i needed for each color. Use cuttle bug to make a pattern on dress. Adhere pieces together.  A lot of the paper I used was self adhesive  I then highlighter seat, head light and handle bars using Martha Stewart markers.  I drew in tire tread and shoes with sharpie.  Adhere finished cut to card
Thread 24" piece of  ribbon thru both holes on top of card, push candy bar down into card so it it trapped with ribbon  Tie bow.  Attatch square of paper on back with sentiment . mine is a stamp by DeNami designs. it says "For my Sweet Friend"

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    Your candy bar holder came out really, really cute, what a great idea! Have you done blog hops before? Being new to the blogging world I have no clue as to how these work but they do sound fun!

    Susan
    http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project!! I love the colors and the embossing on the dress is tooooo cute! Love it!
    Sherrie k
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!!! I left you an award on my blog!

    Emily
    http://www.coolcricutcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete