Gallery

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Quirky Thanksgiving Card

                                                           2ND POST TODAY

I recently cashed in my Cricut reward points and got the Nursery Rhyme cartridge.  I am not sure how much I will use it.  Kinda wish I picked something else.  I welded the shadow on my gypsy to make the card base.  Then I cut the main image on orange, green and black card stock.  I pieced the image together.   I am going to give this to my parents.
I am entering this into a few challenges see links below
Formula
Papers:Core'dinations
Cricut:Nursery Rhymes
Cuttlebug with mesh folder

CHALLENGES
PAPER PLAYTIME  Autumn Colors
LITTLE SCRAP PIECES Fun Friday Happy Thanksgiving
DL ARTThankful Thursday Thanksgiving Challenge
CARDZ TV "Attitude of Gratitude"

10 comments:

  1. A wonderful card.Love it!
    Have a wonderful Sunday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of your card Katie, The embossing is great your parents will love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Thanksgiving challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    You can also enter this in the Creative Cutter room Challenge- use a gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing on the pumpkin is pretty Kate! And I'm sure your parents are going to be so thrilled to get this from you especially because you designed it...
    Lovely card~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! I love the embossing on the pumpkin and the shape!! Your parents will love it!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know we're all about Thanksgiving & fall, but to me this totally says, "Peter, Peter pumpkin-eater, had a wife & couldn't keep her. Put her in a pumpkin shell and there he kept her very well!" So cute for your parents!
    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie I think the embossing on the pumpkin really works to set off the couple. I am sure your parents are going to treasure this card. Thank you so very much for joining the LSP Thanksgiving Challenge this week Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, katie! :) don't have that cartridge, but you just reminded me that I should check out to see how many points i have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH this is so amazing!!! I love the silouettes!!!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing creation. So beautiful. I like your coloring and love the CAS style design like Plastic card which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete