Gallery

Saturday, June 10, 2017

COLORFUL BEACH COTTAGES

I got my inspiration for this card from a Water color Wednesday You Tube Video by Art Impressions.  The subject was "Beach Row Houses"  My second inspiration was a hotel in Capitola, Ca that has brightly painted cottages.  I didn't have the exact stamps that Bonnie used in the video.  What I love about these tutorials is that you can easily substitute like stamps.  I used  the cottage from Watercolor Series 8 Set2.  I did a lot of masking so only the front of the 2nd and 3rd cottages show.  The image ended up being sort of long so I made a long narrow card.  I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool, then inked them with a Bright Yellow Marvy Pen.  To add to the beachy, distressed look, I mounted the image on cork paper.
I am entering this into the AI "Lets Distress" Challenge

4 comments:

  1. I love the colorful beach cottages!! You colored them so beautifully!! This is fabulous, Katie!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a peaceful scene. I am looking forward to some beach time real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beach houses! Such a wonderful scene!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live pretty close to the beach here in NJ and your card reminds me of all the summer homes along the water! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete